Jamestown Pride is Looking for Marketing and Outreach Chair for Pride Steering Committee
Jamestown Pride is getting ready for our next Pride Fest on June 11, 2022, and we have an opening for a Marketing and Outreach Chair! Would you like to be on the Pride Steering Committee?
You all showed up and created such an amazing J-Pride Coffeehouse event, and we cannot thank you enough! But now our sights are set on Pride 2022, and we need your help!
If you are interested in becoming the Jamestown Pride Marketing and Outreach Committee Chair, please look below at the description, send us in some info, and we will be off and running, ready to get to work for our next Pride Festival!
Pride Marketing & Communications Chair
Responsible for communications with Jamestown Pride group and to the larger community.
- Writes and schedules Pride group emails in Mailchimp about meetings, minutes, reminders, events, etc.
- Writes press releases about events and Pride announcements. Distributes to all local media
- Works with steering committee on press events (photo ops, announcements)
- Sends media notices about Pride meetings and advisories about press conferences
- Works with Marketing & Communications Co-chair (Tasha McFaul-Marsh) to develop Facebook posts and events
- Attends Steering Committee meetings and large Pride meetings, reports out on activities
- Schedules media appearances for Pride Coordinator and Program Chairs, etc. for upcoming events
- Takes photos at all Jamestown Pride events, including meetings for use in social media posts, promotions
- Works with graphic designer on annual Pride Fest poster
- Works with t-shirt vendor on design/ordering of Pride t-shirts
- Works with Finance Chair and Coordinator to be sure all sponsors are correctly recognized on social media, press, and event items
- Respond to social media comments and messages
- Monitor the Jamestown Pride email account and forward messages for appropriate response, or respond as needed
If you are interested in the position of Marketing and Communications Chair
Please send the following to JamestownPride@mhachautauqua.org:
- Name, pronouns, and contact information
- History of working in marketing and outreach
- Willingness to take meeting minutes (This is super important to the coordinator personally!)
- Anything else that you think would be relevant for us to know!
This is a volunteer position, but as we grow as an organization we are stepping forward in a more formal way. That said, none of these are required, but if you have them it will certainly help our decision!So again, send an email with what you have and your interest in the position to JamestownPride@mhachautauqua.org