2017 Gay Travel Award Winners Revealed!
23 Leading LGBTQ, inclusive and accepting winners selected from hundreds of finalists.
The mission of the Gay Travel Awards is to recognize and promote select LGBTQ welcoming properties, events, destinations and travel-related companies around the globe. These distinguished organizations lead by example and help to inspire other companies and brands around the world to follow their spirit of inclusiveness and acceptance.
This year, the 23 winners were selected from over 100 nominees.
"The Gay Travel Awards support and promote LGBTQ travel and tourism by identifying and rewarding select organizations which exemplify a spirit of inclusiveness, acceptance, exemplary customer service and hospitality excellence," said Stephen Prisco, Vice President of this year's sponsor, GayTravel.com.
A complete list of this year's categories and winners are listed alphabetically below:
- Bed & Breakfast of the Year –? Worthington Guesthouse – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Car Rental – Advantage Rent A Car
- Casino Resort – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, FL
- Destination Domestic – Orlando, FL
- Destination International – Vienna
- Fan Favorite Hotel – Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui
- Gay Bar of the Year – Palace Bar – Miami Beach, FL
- Gay Pride of the Year – New York City
- Hotel Collection of the Year – Starwood Hawaii
- Hotel Luxury, Europe – St. James' Court, London
- Hotel Luxury, Mexico – The St. Regis Mexico City
- Hotel Luxury, US - Rancho Valencia - Rancho Santa Fe, CA
- Hotel, Wedding Resort – Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island
- LGBT Cruise Operator – Atlantis
- LGBT Tour Operator – Toto Tours
- LGBT Travel Agency – Cruising with Pride
- Ocean Cruise Line – Royal Caribbean
- Romantic Hotel or Resort –? Castlehotel Schönburg
- Spa of the Year – Meadowood Napa Valley
- Summer Event – Gay Wine Weekend
- Travel App – Hopper
- Value Hotel – Doubletree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
- Winter Event – Whistler Pride
GayTravel connects the LGBTQ community with gay-friendly destinations, hotels, cruises, tours, events, entertainment, attractions, clubs and restaurants throughout the world. Their mission is to provide the community with safe, welcoming and unique recommendations to ensure that every vacation is both pleasurable and memorable.
For additional information, visit www.GayTravel.com or call (800) GAY-TRAVEL or follow @GayTravel on Facebook and Twitter, @GayTravelInsta on Instagram.