Erie City Fire Department Is Accepting Applications
The City of Erie Fire Department is hiring law enforcement personnel. Applications are being accepted from April 18-29, 2023. Applicants must meet certain requirements to become a City of Erie Firefighter. All qualifications are set by the City of Erie Civil Service Board. For a list of all qualification requirements, visit: efd.erie.pa.us/qualify
- $48,004 starting salary as of 2023
- Wage increases after 12, 24 and 48 months
- Advancement opportunities
- Vested pension after 12 years of service
- 457(b) and 401(a) plans available
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, and life insurance at minimal cost
- Applications will be open online from April 18-29, 2023. No in-person applications.
- There is a $50 application fee and a $15 study guide fee, which are payable online
- The National Fire Select Test (NFST) written test will be completed in person at LECOM West on July 8, 2023.
- Candidates who pass the written test will be eligible to take the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT).
- Find out more about the application and testing process by visiting efd.erie.pa.us/recruitment