Victory Fund Endorses Ten LGBTQ Candidates including Tyler Titus for Erie City School Board
Tyler Titus Could Make History as First Transgender Elected Official in PA
Washington, DC – Today Victory Fund, the only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ leaders to public office, endorsed ten candidates in local races. Victory Fund is working to increase the number of LGBTQ elected officials in state and local governments – particularly in states with low levels of equality and little LGBTQ representation.
Among the endorsed candidates is Tyler Titus, running for School Board Director in Erie, Pennsylvania. If elected, Tyler would become the first openly transgender person ever elected in the state. In Louisiana, newly endorsed candidate Seth Bloom would become the only openly LGBTQ elected official in the state if he wins a seat on the New Orleans City Council.
"With the federal government and dozens of state legislatures working to rollback LGBTQ equality, LGBTQ elected officials in local government are more critical than ever," said Aisha C. Moodie-Mills, President & CEO of Victory Fund. "These ten candidates for city councils, commissions and school boards will work to advance policies inclusive of our community, and mitigate the effects of anti-equality efforts from other levels of government. We are proud to endorse these values-driven leaders and look forward to helping them win their races."
- Seth Bloom, New Orleans City Council, District B (LA)
- Michael Góngora, Miami Beach Commissioner, Group 3 (FL)
- Taylor Knuth, Ogden City Council, Ward 3 (UT)
- Nick Komives, Toledo City Council, At-Large (OH)
- Kevin Patterson, Phoenix City Council, District 6 (AZ)
- Tyler Titus, Erie School Board Director (PA)
- Chris Wharton, Salt Lake City Council, District 3 (UT)
- Endorsed Incumbents
- Denise Simmons, Cambridge City Council (MA)
- Lawrence Webb, Falls Church School Board (VA)
- Richard Conti, Albany Common Council Member, Ward 6 (NY)
Since 1991, Victory Fund has helped thousands of openly LGBTQ candidates win local, state and federal elections.
Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund works to change the face and voice of America’s politics and achieve equality for LGBT Americans by increasing the number of openly LGBT elected officials at all levels of government.