OutProud for GLBT youth
OutProud, The National Coalition for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Youth, serves the needs of young GLBT men and women by providing advocacy, information, resources and support.
They provide outreach and support to queer teens just coming to terms with their sexual orientation and to those contemplating coming out. They let them know they’re not alone by helping them find local sources of friendship and support.
OutProud believes in effecting change at a grass-roots level by catalyzing and fostering the development of a new generation of youth activists who will take positions at the forefront of our civil rights and social movements.
Among the many resources available at OutProud:
- Coming out stories - read others’ stories, or share your own.
- Local resources of friendship or support, or get involved in the the GLBT community.
- Community Role Models Archive - Explore the Community Role Models Archive to find out more about people making a difference in the world Oasis Magazine Forum. Correspond with other GLBT youth on issues affecting our community.
- The School Resources Library provides a range of tools to help make schools safe and supportive Links and resources – educational resources, magazines, and special areas for GLBT youth.
- Information for GLBT youth and their families.
- Wide range of online brocheres.
- TransProud - OutProud introduces TransProud, a special resource and support area for transgender youth
- OutProud Library for the latest recommendations for GLBT youth, their families and teachers Oasis Magazine, the leading online community by and for GLBT youth everywhere
You can visit OutProud at www.outproud.orgblog comments powered by Disqus